Top Google executives have sold $7.4 billion in stock in the last 18 months, says Bloomberg. That might have played a role in the stock’s recent decline, suggests Mark Gilbert, especially considering no insider has bought a single share of the company in the same period.
By the numbers:
- Larry Page: $2 billion
- Sergey Brin: $1.9 billion
- Omid Kordestani: $1.1 billion
- Eric Schmidt: $650 million
- Ram Shriram: $650 million (Director, Investor)
- David Drummond: $200 million
- George Reyes: $200 million
- Jonathan Rosenberg: $200 million
For context, $7.4 billion is the same amount Disney paid for Pixar, the amount of money lost by the world’s airlines in 2005, and the amount of the U.S. House’s May port security bill. It’s also a tenth of the $74 billion TV ad market Google wants to capture.