2 Comments

Summary:

I have received a lot of comments on the post I made yesterday that depicted what appeared to be a case of TUAW changing the source on one of their posts. The TUAW blogger who made that post has commented on this blog and in a […]

I have received a lot of comments on the post I made yesterday that depicted what appeared to be a case of TUAW changing the source on one of their posts. The TUAW blogger who made that post has commented on this blog and in a personal email that their post was never changed, and the appearance that it was changed is due to an error on either Blogniscient or Technorati. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt so I am going to believe that they did not do what it appears they did. Interestingly, the founder of Blogniscient also left a comment and after verifying that what I blogged about seems accurate on the surface he could not rule out an error by either Blogniscient or Technorati. I am choosing to put this whole thing behind me and get back to blogging about mobile tech, which is the whole purpose of this blog. So, TUAW (and Jason Calacanis), I apologize if I jumped to conclusions but you must admit the possibility that Blogniscient or Technorati can create an error of perception such as this is very disturbing indeed.

  1. It is very disturbing that these services can create such errors as this, though I am at a loss as to how we (as bloggers) can fight that. We attributed our source correctly in this case, and third parties presented it in a manner that made it look quite the opposite.

    I suppose this is all part of the growing pains of Web 2.0 (though I hate that phrase).

    Share

Comments have been disabled for this post