Google India has formally launched its sales and business operations in Delhi and Mumbai. This will complement the existing centres in Bangalore (R&D) and in Hyderabad (global sles support). The launch of sales operations for Indian market will enable Google to develop locally relevant products and services, and deliver advertising services to its users, advertisers and partners throughtout India.
The launch was attended by Sukhinder Singh Cassidy (right), Vice President, Asia Pacific and Latin America operations, Google Inc. The Indian sales operations are headed by Ashish Kashyap, who was earlier GM amd Business Head of e-commerce at Indiatimes.com.
“The market in India is changing rapidly. More people are coming online as the infrastructure for growth quickly expands,” says Cassidy.
Google India fact sheet
– It ranks #3 among all Indian sites
– Google reaches 70 per cent of the Indian internet population
– Google represents 83% of all search page views in India
– It sends more than 85% of all the search-driven traffic websites receive
– Google.co.in was launched in 2003
– More than half of the Gogle’s searches coem from outside the US
– Gogle in India is available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi and Tamil
(Source: Google India release)