We all know that means something big.
Sounds like it’s most likely dual core powermacs… Hope there’s a powerbook announcement in there too. Mine’s getting long in the tooth (for my likes anyway). Anyone wanna buy a 17″ powerbook…?
Hold your breath folks…
HERE’S THE LATEST:
- Upgrades to the 15″ and 17″ PowerBooks.
- 15″ gets a new display with 1440 x960 resolution, while the 17″ will get 1680 x1050. Both will be brighter thanprevious models and have better battery life.
- SuperDrives will be standard and all will support Apple’s 30″ Cinema HD Display
- Prices start at $1,499 for 12″, $1,999 for 15″ and $2,499 for 17″.
- Powerbooks ship today
- PowerMac G5s updated
- Dual core processors, up to 16GB of DDR2 RAM, 1TB of internal storage, PCI Express
- Four new nVidia cards, including the Quadro FX 4500 – all four cards support 30″ cinema display – PowerMac G5 Quad, with dual dual-core processors
- Single dual-core 2.0 GHz CPU version is $1,999; single dual core 2.3Ghz is $2,499; dual CPU dual-core is $3,299
- 23″ and 30″ cinema displays drop in price, 23″ down to $1,299, 30″ down to $2,499
- Aperture – post-production tool for photographers
- Built for pro photographers, provides end-to-end RAW workflow
- Feature called Stacks allows photos to be grouped together based on the time between shutter clicks
- Full screen workspace, can span multi-image displays
- Multi-image viewer to check images side-by-side, up to 10 at a time
- Standard tools like red-eye reduction; cropping etc. Non-destructive workflow and versioning capabilities
That’s all folks.
Thanks to the good people at MacRumors for being on top of this event.