The rumors of a
IBM Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet PC can now be put to bed with the announcement of the X41. The X41 is the long awaited entry of IBM Lenovo into the Tablet PC market and the specs coupled with the ThinkPad brand should put more Tablet PCs into the corporate domain. The X41 is a convertible with a 12.1" screen and an attention to detail that ThinkPads are noted for. The ThinkPad X41 will make an appearance during Steve Ballmer’s keynote address at the TechEd conference today in Orlando and will be shown to the press later in the day.
The ThinkPad X41 Tablet brings together a lightweight and thin form factor, outstanding security, first-class wireless connections, and the productivity benefits of Tablet PC functionality. Features include:
- The ThinkPad X41 Tablet is an ultra-portable Tablet PC that is competitively light, weighing only 3.5 lbs
- Long battery life (up to 6.3 hours on an 8-cell battery)
- ThinkVantage Technologies, with biometric fingerprint reader, for ultimate productivity and unsurpassed security – making the ThinkPad X41 Tablet the most secure convertible Tablet PC available today.
- Full-size keyboard, 170 degree viewing screen and ThinkPad X4 Dock.
- Microsoft’s newest Tablet PC operating system, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005.